Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Do you want to report waste, abuse or fraud?
Let us know if you think a doctor, dentist, pharmacist at a drug store, other health care providers, or a person getting benefits is doing something wrong. Doing something wrong could be waste, abuse, or fraud, which is against the law. For example, tell us if you think someone is:
- Getting paid for services that weren't given or necessary.
- Not telling the truth about a medical condition to get medical treatment.
- Letting someone else use their Medicaid ID.
- Using someone else's Medicaid ID.
- Not telling the truth about the amount of money or resources he or she has to get benefits.
To report fraud, waste or abuse, choose one of the following:
- Call the OIG Hotline at 1-800-436-6184
- Visit https://oig.hhsc.state.tx.us/, click the blue box labeled “Continue to IG’s Fraud Reporting Form” and follow the steps to fill out the online complaint form; or
- Reach out to:
Cook Children's Health Plan
Att: Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
P.O. Box 2488
Fort Worth, TX 76113-2488
To report fraud, waste, or abuse gather as much information as possible. When reporting about a provider (a doctor, dentist, counselor, etc.) include:
- Name, address, and phone number of provider
- Name and address of the facility (hospital, nursing home, home health agency, etc.)
- Medicaid number of the provider and facility, if you have it
- Type of provider (doctor, dentist, therapist, pharmacist, etc.)
- Names and phone numbers of other witnesses who can help in the investigation
- Dates of events
- Summary of what happened
When reporting about someone who gets benefits, include:
- The person's name
- The person's date of birth, Social Security Number, or case number if you have it
- The city where the person lives
- Specific details about the waste, abuse, or fraud