Value Added Services for STAR Members
The following services are available to STAR Members at no cost for the dates of September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020. There are some limits to these benefits. Please call us at 1-800-964-2247 to find out what they are.
For All STAR Members:
24 Hour Nurse Advice Line
A Nurse Advice Line that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 1-866-971-2665.
One school or sports physical in addition to a Texas Health Steps checkup per calendar year to members that are ages 3 through 18.
Extra Vision Services
$125 for prescription eyeglass frames and lenses or $75 for contact lenses and fitting fees.
A (one time) bathtub kneeling pad per household for CCHP members ages 3 months to 3 years to prevent drowning during bath time.
- A $15 gift card for members who complete a Texas Health Steps checkup at 2 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 15 months, and 18 months of age.
- A $25 gift card for members age 2 to 21 who complete an annual Texas Health Steps checkup.
- A one-time $25 gift card for members ages 6 to 12 who are newly diagnosed with ADHD.
For Pregnant Women:
Prepared Childbirth Classes
Up to $100 for prepared childbirth and breastfeeding classes per pregnancy. Must use a hospital that works with CCHP. Classes may be online or in-person.
Baby Basics Book
One Baby Basics book for pregnant members who join the CCHP Baby Steps Program.
Up to $250 for basic and major dental services. Pregnant members will need to join the CCHP Baby Steps Program.
- A $50 gift card per pregnancy for members who receive a prenatal visit with an approved doctor during the first trimester of pregnancy or within 42 days of joining CCHP.
- A $50 gift card for members who complete a postpartum visit with an approved doctor 21-56 days after delivery.