Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Filing a Complaint

Click Here to View the Member Complaint "How to" Flyer

What should I do if I have a complaint? Who do I call?

We want to help. If you have a complaint, please call Member Services at 800-964-2247 to tell us about your problem.

What are the requirements and timeframes for filing a complaint?

There is no time limit on filing a complaint with Cook Children's Health Plan. We will send you a response letter telling you what we did about your complaint.

How long will it take to process my complaint?

Most of the time we can help you right away or within a few days. You will get a response letter within 30 days from when your complaint was received by Cook Children's Health Plan.

Can someone from Cook Children's Health Plan help me file a complaint?

Yes, a Member Services representative can help you file a complaint. Call us at 800-964-2247. Most of the time, we can help you right away or within a few days.

How do I file a complaint with Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC), once I have gone through Cook Children's Health Plan's complaint process?

Once you have gone through the Cook Children's Health Plan complaint process, you can submit your complaint to the HHSC by calling 866-566-8989.

If you would like to make your complaint in writing send it to: ,

Texas Health and Human Services Commission Office of the Ombudsman, MC H-700
P.O. Box 13247
Austin, TX 78711-3247

You can also fax it to - Fax: 1-888-780-8099 (Toll-Free)

You can also email your complaint to:


For questions about your complaint or appeal or to get the status of your complaint or appeal, please call Member Services at 1-800-964-2247.